- This event has passed.
Los Ange-yass Road Rally
November 18, 2023 @ 12:30 pm – 11:00 pm EST
Out Motorsports is (finally) heading to the West Coast! Join us on Saturday, November 18 for over two hours of fantastic roads, bookended with coffee in the morning and a group dinner after our drive.
Socialization is the name of this game! If you’re driving solo and open to meeting new people, we’ll randomly pair you with a willing passenger or two. If you are more interested in riding and chatting than driving yourself, register as a “free agent” passenger and we’ll pair you to a driver. If you’re driving and bringing someone along, that’s great too!
Our drive will begin in Pasadena, CA. We will gather for a bit to mingle, then head out to enjoy the surrounding area. This is a follow-the-leader style rally, so all you have to do is come ready to drive and enjoy the roads; we’ll do the rest! When registering, please choose your desired pace of drive group. We will run four drive groups on a 15-minute interval.
⭐️ As these events are carefully planned ahead of the start date, all drivers and passengers must register below! Please help us help you have a great weekend and register by Tuesday, November 14. Exact start point and other pertinent details will be shared to registered drivers as the event date nears.
Our group will be staying at The Hyatt Place Pasadena. We have negotiated a rate of $162/night (before tax) and a discount of $18/night for parking. You can call Hyatt at 1-800-889-5420 and note the group code G-OUTM or click here to book. **Rooms will only be held for us until November 6!**
Friday, November 17
- Check in at our host hotel. No matter where you’re staying, grab your name tag and let us know you’re here!
- Dinner is on your own, though groups will undoubtedly form to run off and eat. There will be plenty of options nearby.
- Social time at the hotel. Please clean up after yourself and keep noise to a dull roar.
Saturday, November 18
- 9:30 AM: Meet-up and check-in begins at our starting point. Enjoy coffee on us, and get to know your other drivers and passengers!
- 10:45 AM: All hands’ meeting. We’ll go over some pre-drive information to make sure everyone’s on the same page, get drive route maps and passenger pairings sorted, and head out.
- 11:00 AM: Drive Group A leaves.
- 11:15 AM: Drive Group B leaves.
- 11:30 AM: Drive Group C leaves.
- 11:45 AM: Drive Group D leaves.
- 2:00 PM or so onward: Arrive back in Pasadena. Enjoy some free time to catch up with others, take each other on rides (as always happens) and clean up before dinner.
- 6:00 PM: Group dinner! Location TBA; please indicate any dietary restrictions as part of registration. This is included in your entry fee – all are welcome!
Sunday, November 19
- Say your goodbyes and head home, or…
- Enjoy a day at the LA Auto Show! Drive down to the Convention Center or (ideally) grab the Blue (A) Line Metro train to the Pico stop to peruse the show.
What to Bring
- A full tank of gas/a full charge – there are no fueling or charging stops during the drive, so make sure you will be able to make it to our destination.
- An empty bladder – Our route will include a stop or two, but restrooms are not guaranteed beyond various trees you may find. Plan your coffee and water intake accordingly!
- Snacks/water – While we have a group dinner planned, there is no official pre-drive lunch and our stopping point will not have snacks or water available. Please bring anything you’d like to stay satiated while we’re driving.
- A two-way/FRS radio – We will be using these to call directions and keep the group together. If you do not have your own, there will be extras floating around that you may be able to borrow. But if you can bring your own, please do. They are cheap and plentiful on Amazon. We recommend Midland or Motorola if you would like to buy your own.
- Your Common Sense – Please remember that we are using public roads, and there will be traffic, debris, etc. on our route. This is not a race, it is not a time trial. It is a Follow-The-Leader style drive on great back roads, but you’re expected to drive with some semblance of sanity.
This is not a venue in which to explore your limits as a driver or the limits of your vehicle. Keep your eyes up, keep your speeds reasonable, and drive safely. Absolutely no passing on a double-yellow. Anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave and may be blacklisted from future events of this nature.
Special thanks to Chevrolet for supporting this weekend!