- This event has passed.
‘Longwood Gardens’ Road Rally
March 26 @ 11:00 am – 6:00 pm EDT
Dust off your rides and your Gardening Hats™ for Out Motorsports’ first Road Rally of the new year! We’ll be taking a scenic 1.5 hour drive through the hills and twisties of Chester County, PA before arriving at our final destination: the famous Longwood Gardens!
Our drive will begin in Downingtown, PA. We will gather for a bit to mingle, then head out for a lightly-spirited drive on some great roads through Chester County and the surrounding area. This is a follow-the-leader style rally, so all you have to do is come ready to drive and enjoy the roads; we’ll do the rest!
All drivers must register using the ticket options at the bottom of the page! Any passengers who would like to attend Longwood Gardens must also register using the appropriate ticket option as well.
- 11:00 AM: Meetup/ Check-in begins
- 11:45 AM: Drivers’ Meeting
- 12:00 PM: First car off, groups will leave in 10 minute increments
- 2:00 PM: Approximate arrival at Longwood Gardens
The Drivers’ Meeting
Please arrive before the Drivers’ Meeting at 11:45 AM.
You can feel free to arrive as early as 11 AM to hang out and socialize. Please check in with Rally Master when you arrive so you can get your group assignment and route sheet.
When you arrive, please park in the back left lot next to the movie theater.
We will have a short driver’s meeting to go over some things before the drive. Please be present for the meeting. Anyone who is not present/checked in at the meeting will be left behind, a-la the Top Gear Code.
The Necessary Supplies – What to Bring
Here is a short list of things you will want to have with you for the drive.
- A full tank of gas/a full charge – there are no fueling or charging stops during the rally, so make sure you will be able to make it the 60 miles to our destination. Gas is available near the starting point, including at the Wawa on Rt. 30 down the street.
- An empty bladder – We do not stop on this route, so there are no restroom breaks. It is only about 1.5 hours, but please don’t chug a giant iced coffee right before the drive, or you’ll have a bad time.
- Snacks/a full stomach – Again, there are no stops on the route, and outside food is not permitted at Longwood Gardens. You may feel free to make your own eating arrangements at the Gardens, or before the rally. There are several restaurants in the immediate area of the start point.
- A two-way/FRS radio – We will be using these to call directions and keep the group together. If you do not have your own, there will be extras floating around that you may be able to borrow. But if you can bring your own, please do. They are cheap and plentiful on Amazon. We recommend Midland or Motorola if you would like to buy your own. If you are using a Baofeng or other radio that relies on frequencies typed in, click here for the 2017 FRS frequency list.
- Your Common Sense – Please remember that we are using public roads, and there will be traffic, debris, etc. on our route. This is not a race, it is not a time trial. It is a Follow-The-Leader style cruise with some nice hills and twisties. Do not expect open and free roads to speed as you wish. This is not a venue in which to explore your limits as a driver or the limits of your vehicle. We will move at a relatively quick pace, and your leaders/sweepers will do their best to let you know when you can safely have a little fun. However, anyone caught being a hooligan will be forced to leave.