- This event has passed.
‘Hot Girl Summer’ Road Rally
June 11 @ 11:00 am – 7:30 pm EDT
June is Pride Month and the weather is warming up – bust out your favorite crop top and ride with pride at Out Motorsports’ second Road Rally of the year! Join us for a scenic 1.5 hour (or so) drive through the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia before arriving in historic Front Royal for an evening of socializing and camaraderie.
Our drive will begin in Warrenton, VA. We will gather for a bit to mingle, then head out for a lightly-spirited drive on some great roads throughout the surrounding area. This is a follow-the-leader style rally, so all you have to do is come ready to drive and enjoy the roads; we’ll do the rest!
All drivers and passengers must register and read/sign the event waiver using the ticket options at the bottom of the page! You may not register for someone else.
Exact start point and other pertinent details will be shared to registered drivers as the event date nears.
- 11:00 AM: Meetup/Check-in begins
- 11:45 AM: Drivers’ Meeting
- 12:00 PM: First car off, groups will leave in 10 minute increments
- 2:00 PM: Approximate arrival in Front Royal – check in to the hotel, freshen up, explore the area with fellow drivers/passengers
- 5:30 PM: Group dinner (optional) in downtown Front Royal
Following dinner, attendees may head back to Washington DC for DC Pride activities in the city, or stay in Front Royal to enjoy each others’ company.
The Drivers’ Meeting
Please arrive before the Drivers’ Meeting at 11:45 AM.
You can feel free to arrive as early as 11 AM to hang out and socialize. Please check in when you arrive so you can get your group assignment and route sheet.
We will have a short driver’s meeting to go over some final details and reminders before the drive. Please be present for the meeting. Anyone who is not present/checked in at the meeting will be left behind, a-la the Top Gear Code.
The Necessary Supplies – What to Bring
Here is a short list of things you will want to have with you for the drive.
- A full tank of gas/a full charge – there are no fueling or charging stops during the rally, so make sure you will be able to make it approximately 100 miles to our destination. Gas is available near the starting point.
- An empty bladder – There will only be one planned stop along our route, about halfway through. Restrooms will be available, but starting the drive after a Trenta iced coffee may still go poorly for you.
- Snacks/water – While we have a group dinner planned in Front Royal, there is no official pre-drive lunch and our stopping point will not have snacks or water available. Please bring anything you’d like to stay satiated while we’re driving.
- A two-way/FRS radio – We will be using these to call directions and keep the group together. If you do not have your own, there will be extras floating around that you may be able to borrow. But if you can bring your own, please do. They are cheap and plentiful on Amazon. We recommend Midland or Motorola if you would like to buy your own. If you are using a Baofeng or other radio that relies on frequencies typed in, click here for the 2017 FRS frequency list.
- Your Common Sense – Please remember that we are using public roads, and there will be traffic, debris, etc. on our route. This is not a race, it is not a time trial. It is a Follow-The-Leader style cruise with some nice hills and twisties. Do not expect open and free roads to speed as you wish. This is not a venue in which to explore your limits as a driver or the limits of your vehicle. Keep your eyes up, keep your speeds reasonable, and drive safely. Anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave and may be blacklisted from future events of this nature.
The Group Dinner
We’ve reserved the ‘group party room’ at Element, a locally-owned New American restaurant in downtown Front Royal. Dinner will be served from a prix fixe menu – all guests will enjoy a mixed greens salad and dessert, with the choice of a roast chicken or vegetarian entree. Water and iced tea will be served, and a cash bar will be available. Please enjoy responsibly and designate a sober driver or use rideshare services if you consume alcohol.
Some of us will be staying in Front Royal after our group dinner to kiki and enjoy each others’ company. There is no room block for this event, but you may book accommodations at one of the following hotels, among many choices in the area:
Hampton Inn Front Royal
9800 Winchester Road
Front Royal, VA
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Front Royal
5 Caroline Drive
Front Royal, VA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
33760 Old Valley Pike